With summer just about in full swing, now is the perfect time to prepare for your teen’s Long Island Sweet 16 party! For most young adults, this is a very important party so The Sands Atlantic Beach would like to provide you with a Sweet 16 checklist to make sure the big day goes off flawlessly.
• Choose a Theme: The theme is possibly the most important factor and should be planned early. Sometimes a theme can require a certain location so make sure to get this squared away first. On Long Island, Sweet 16s are a big deal so get with your teen to plan the theme of their dreams.
• Choose Creative Invitations: To some Sweet 16ers this is the most important aspect of their Long Island Sweet 16. Once you have a theme and location, it is time to find the right invitations to set the tone for your Long Island Sweet 16. These invitations will essentially be your guests’ introduction to the party. So try to capture the theme and the excitement of the occasion. Also, consider creative ways to pass them out pertaining to your theme.
• Plan the Guest List: Do start planning out your guest list early. Even months before the event. Depending on the size of your Long Island Sweet 16, your guest list could become of the most time consuming steps in your Sweet 16 checklist.
• Send Out Invitations in a Timely Manner: You want to give your guests about four weeks notice for your Long Island Sweet 16. Your goal should be to inform your guests so your event stays fresh in their minds. If you send out an invitation 8 weeks before your party they may forget its coming.
• Invite the Whole World: Although you may think having every kid from your high school at your Long Island Sweet 16 would be great, the kids you don’t know well may just end up being an added expense, especially if a few trouble makers make it on the guest list. All of your friends should be there to celebrate your special day and to have a good time, the random kids you invite may just be there to party like there’s no tomorrow, so be careful.
• Skimp on the Menu: All of your guests are going to have different tastes, so make sure you provide them with a few delicious options. Hors d’oeuvres are always a plus and if you’re really struggling to put a menu together then feel free to consult with The Sands Atlantic Beach’s caterers who are some of the best and most versatile in the business!
• Spend the Entire Party Worrying About Your Guests: Try to greet everyone when they come in. At the beginning of the party stay near the front to see everyone, but once things get going, make sure to enjoy yourself!
Hopefully after reading this Sweet 16 checklist you will feel a lot more prepared to throw the best Long Island Sweet 16 party of the year. This is just a short list of some of the most important things to take note of before you start your planning. Stay as organized as possible through this whole process, it will save you a lot of stress. Have a great time once the big day rolls around, because your Long Island Sweet 16 happens but once in a lifetime.